Monday, April 4, 2016

New Book and new tools

I ordered myself a mustang book as a gift to celebrate the birth of my youngest kid on Friday the 1st. (Other kids got Legos and mom got a new Mercy Thompson book.)

My book was Project Mustang by Larry Lyles. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1933958030/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1459796335&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=project+mustang&dpPl=1&dpID=51hYcuWeJVL&ref=plSrch


This book is great. I have read a lot of blogs on restoring old mustangs and they are both inspiring and informative, but even the best of them lack some of the "beginner" level information this book provides. 


On a different front yesterday I sent one of my air compressors with my father in law to live out at the cabin they bought last summer and are fixing up. The compressor I still have came from my brother for free but lacks an air hose so I needed to order one. I ordered a cheap off brand kit from Amazon using our prime shipping for $15.44. I figure even if it only lasts a few months it's only $15 and I can get a better hose later. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HE8BMS/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

While I was placing that order I bought a cheap Porter-Cable angle grinder for $24.99 and a couple of grinder disks since I needed to be able to clean the surface rust off some of the practice metal my father in law bought me for Christmas to practice welding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment