Saturday, March 21, 2015

First Purchase

I made my first tool purchase for the restoration on my way home from work earlier this week. I still haven't found a car to buy, so don't know what kind of issues the car I end up buying will have, so I am resisting the urge to buy a bunch of tools until I know what I actually need. However, I needed some jack stands to rotate the tires on my daily driver so I decided to buy a pair since I do know I will eventually need these for the restoration and I don't currently own any.

I bought a pair of Craftsman High Lift jack stands. Link I will post a review after I actually open the box, put these together and use them for the first time.

I chose these because they have the highest maximum height of any of the basic affordable jack stands I found after some basic googling and they were available at the Sears store just a few blocks from where I work, which was a bonus.

These have a maximum height of 21 inches, and a lot of the other  jack stands I saw maxed out in the 16 inch range. I want to have plenty of room to work under my car and these should give me that. I figure when/if I do actually buy the car I will need to get another pair. But these are all I need right now and are enough to serve as a sort of promise to myself that I really am serious about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment