Friday, March 27, 2015

Garage Workbench Build: Day One

I started working on my garage workbench today.

Before I started I stopped by the Sears two blocks from where I worked to pick up the bench vice I have decided I want for my workbench Craftsman Proffessional 4 and 1/2-inch bench vise and the shop vac I want craftsman-xsp-12-gallon-5.5-peak-hp-wet-dry however they had just sold the last of these shop vacs they had in stock and didn't carry that vise in store. (Small town Sears.) I will have to go by the Sears in the mall near where I live. (I work in a mid size city and commute to a smaller town to work, backwards I know.)

Anyway, when I got home I started on the project. Like so often happens with this kind of project the fist step was to clean out the corner in the opposite side of the garage. 

(I don't have a before picture, but this corner was full of stuff before I started.)

Then I cleaned out the corner where I want to build the workbench.

Finished insulating in that corner.

And started putting up drywall.

Thats all I accomplished for day one. 







No comments:

Post a Comment