Thursday, April 2, 2015

Garage Workbench Build: Day Three - Holes

Today's progress consisted of:

1. Cleaning out the workbench area because we stuffed a bunch of stuff there the other day so we could get both cars in the garage during a storm.

2. Putting some holes in the studs in my garage wall with a 5/8ths inch drill bit to run electric wires.

(I won't bore you by posting pictures of every hole I drilled.)

In other news I ordered a bench vise for my workbench last night. The Craftsman one is apparently not being made anymore or something, so after a bunch of research I decided on the Yost 750 DI http://m.homedepot.com/p/Yost-5-in-Heavy-Duty-Multi-Jaw-Rotating-Combination-Pipe-and-Bench-Vise/202786343/

This is a multi jaw rotating pipe and bench vise that was 1st on a list of the best bench vises of 2015. It is made of 60,000 lbs Ductile Iron and weighs 63lbs.

I ordered this shipped to store at the Home Depot up the street so I can inspect it for damages before I accept the shipment. 

I will post a review after it comes in. 

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to that article on the best bench vises of 2015. http://powertoolsplanet.com/best-bench-vise/

    ReplyDelete