Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Junk in the trunk of my 68 Mustang and cars don't roll sideways

My 1968 Mustang Coupe came with something that would usually be considered a good feature, it only rolls forward and backwards, not sideways. Unfortunately for me I needed to move it twelve feet to the left into the other garage bay so my wife's Expidition can go in the garage too.

I ended up rolling her back and forth in the garage a bunch of times, cranking the wheel back and forth to move the car a few inches to the left each trip from the front of the garage to the back, and then back to the front again. Eventually I want to get some car skates to make this kind of thing easier, but for right now this worked.

Here is a picture of her in her new spot. 

The car came with a few "spare parts" in the trunk, most of which I probably won't use. 

Here is a closer (possibly upside down) view. 

There are two different distributors and parts for at least three different carbs in the pile. The mirror is cracked, so I would need to replace the actual mirror before I could use that. About the only piece I am sure I will use is the inside door cover for my driver's side door.

I ordered a dewalt grinder, some wire wheels, a face mask, ear protection, a half mask respirator, a gallon of evapo-rust, a ten pack of 80 grit sanding disks, and some shop towels from Amazon today. This should be everything I need to start in on removing a bunch of rust from the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment