Monday, May 23, 2016

Prices and a few pictures

I had to work today so didn't get to spend much time with the Mustang. 

Some money talk:
I paid $1300 for the car. She was advertised for $1400 on Craigslist, but when I got to Pittsburg KS, about a three hour drive from where I live in Wichita, KS in the truck hauling a trailer, the car was in worse shape than the pictures revealed. The guy started the car for me and she growled in a way that is pure beauty, but there is a LOT of rust on her. 

I was overwhelmed by the rust and was going to pass on this car but he offered to come down to $1200 and seemed like he really needed the cash and might have gone lower. I split the difference and offered him the $1300. He seemed happy with that and I am glad I bought the car.

I did a bit of rough googling for prices on things I know she needs for sure before she will be drivable and came up with at least $1300 more I will have to put into her as a starting point. That's before I even think about body work or upgrading to disk brakes or a performance DUI Ignition system. 

This is going to take a while both work and money wise.

Now a few after dark pictures. Hopefully I can take some better ones tomorrow.

Engine:


Front end with the Mustang emblem. 





No comments:

Post a Comment