Friday, January 20, 2017

Garage Workbench Build: Adding a Work Light

Back when I originally ran the electrical wiring for my garage Workbench I made a few key decisions. 

1. After figuring out that I had access to two different electric circuits I decided I wanted to use both of them and put half my outlets on one circuit and half on the other.

2. I decided I wanted at least one of the outlets to be switched.

3. I decided I wanted at least one outlet at the front of the bench.

4. I decided I wanted a work light over the Workbench.

The switched wire for the work light has been coiled up above the bench waiting for me to buy a light since I finished the wiring. Well I got a bit of Amazon money for Christmas and decided to use some of it to finally buy the work light that has been on my wish list for months. 


The light came yesterday and I hooked it up and mounted it in place after the kids were in bed today.

I had a bit of metal wire tubing and managed to force my wire through it without stripping it first. That was a job.






No comments:

Post a Comment