Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Removing the stone guard from a 1968 Mustang

The stone guard is held on by 10 bolts with 1/2 inch SAE heads.

My car was missing this one when I got it so that left nine for me to remove.

Two inside each wheel well.
 


Four along the top at the front behind where the bumper sits.





Two at the bottom of the car.



My bolts were rusted into place and didn't want to come out. My father in law left his  big socket breaker bar here a while ago and that was just what I needed. 


One of the bolts just twisted around and broke the tab in the stone guard, so that one is still in the car. 


Here is the stone guard off the car. I decided I didn't trust the wires for the lights in it so I just cut them and will do new eventually.


And here is the front of my car without the stone guard. 


Next up on the list is the front grill. Hopefully that can come off this week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment