Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Review: Yost 750-DI Multi-Jaw Rotating Combination Pipe and Bench Vise

Review: Yost 750-DI Multi-Jaw Rotating Combination Pipe and Bench Vise


One of my first purchases for the garage when I started really thinking about getting a classic mustang to restore was a Yost 750-DI Bench Vise. My grandfather had a bench vise on his workbench in his garage and I always associated that with being someone who was good at solving mechanical problems.

My grandfather's Charlie Parker Bench Vise, mounted on his workbench, currently living at my aunt's house.

I read quite a few reviews on what was the best garage bench vise at a price I could afford. I looked at Sears and online for a Craftsman Professional 5in vise after reading a glowing review, but they had stopped making that model. Then I found a couple of "top bench vise" review sites that recommended the Yost 750-DI, which just proves I am susceptible to well written marketing copy. However, after reading up on this vise, and reading a bunch of reviews I decided this was the one I wanted.




Having had this bench Vise mounted on the corner of my workbench for over six months I have had time to put this thing to work and I am very happy with my purchase. 




This thing is a 63lb beast that I fully expect to will last a lot longer than me.



No comments:

Post a Comment