Monday, February 13, 2017

Removing the driver side Fender

The three rearmost bolts on the driver side fender were already out/gone when I went to go pull them. That just left the two at the front and the six along the top. 

Unfortunately these bolts were VERY rusty and I broke the tab that keeps it from spinning in place off one of the retaining nuts. 

It's the nut at the top in this picture. 

I tried using the Vise Grips to keep it from spinning several different ways, but this time they failed me. 


Eventually I gave up and pulled out an angle grinder with a cutting disk on it and cut the top off that bolt. 


I had to remove the Hood Hinge to get a good angle on it, but the grinder did the job. 



My driver side fender is now off and I pulled the driver side bumper supports and put the front end up on ramps so I can get under the engine to pull the exhaust and disconnect the drive shaft, but those are tasks for another day.

Holding the end of a bolt with Vise Grips while I turn the nut off. The other end was a flat carriage bolt end.



One more picture from the other side. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment