Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Removing the passenger side bumper support braces

The bumper support braces are held on by two bolts that go into the frame rail. 


I "think" these were 9/16 inch head bolts. They were rusted in there pretty badly and I had to use the long breaker bar for most of the turns on these bolts. 


I need to separate these two bumper braces, but one of the bolts broke the nut loose from its retained position in the framerail and was spinning freely, that bolt is still holding these two together as it never came out, just pulled loose from the rusted hole where the framrail used to be. 


You can see right through my framerail now, it's not supposed to be transparent. :-)
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Keith. I've seen that frame rail rust before. Here's a link to one of the blogs I follow that shows a way to repair the rusted out section. Hope it helps.

    http://68vert.blogspot.com/2008/05/left-front-outer-frame-rail-patch.html

    ReplyDelete