Monday, February 6, 2017

Removing the passenger side Fender on a 1968 Mustang

So, I finally got one of the fenders off.

Starting at the front of the car, and only counting the bolts that just held the fender on, not the shared one that helped hold on the grill cross support I counted nine bolts that need removed to get the fender off. All of these bolts have 1/2 inch heads. 

Two bolts behind the headlight pan.

Six bolts along the top of the fender.


One bolt at the back inside of the wheel well near the bottom.


Two bolts in the rear bottom of the fender going up into the frame of the car.



I actually took off the bolts at the top of the fender last so the thing wouldn't fall off on top of me while I was fighting the rusted in bolts under the car.


The fender is now off the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment